These muffins are soft and moist on the inside, with a golden brown top. The Nutella on the inside adds to the richness of the mini chocolate chips that are layered all throughout the muffins.
Simply put – they are delicious!
So how do you get the Nutella on the inside?
- You just lay spoonfuls of the hazelnut goodness onto a wax paper lined baking sheet then pop it in the freezer.
- Once they have hardened, stick them right in the center of the muffin batter!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- On a wax paper lined baking sheet, drop 15 round teaspoonfuls of Nutella (making sure they do not touch).
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, or until the Nutella is frozen solid.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line 15 muffin cups with paper or foil liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk to combine, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer until light and fluffy (2 min).
- Beat in one egg at a time, then add the vanilla.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the yogurts to the butter mixture. (Batter will be really thick)
- Add the cup of mini chocolate chips, and stir them in.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin (note: fill above the top of the cup).
- Remove the Nutella from the freezer and quickly push the frozen Nutella into the center of the muffins.
- Then sprinkle each muffin with the remaining chocolate chips and turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.